I bought this car 5-years ago as I wanted something reliable and cheap on gas, so given the Corolla’s reputation it was the sensible choice. The car remained stock standard for a few months, until I decided that I wanted to make it more unique and something I could call my own. Making a Corolla stand out in a crowd of millions of others was no easy feat however and it certainly didn’t happen overnight, but after years of blood, sweat and tears the car has transformed in to what it is today. No longer is it just an average grocery getter, but something I can be proud of and enjoy for many more years to come.
Upon first glance this certainly doesn’t look like your average an SE Limited (AE100) Corolla, but it’s a good example of what can be done to improve on the manufacturer’s original design rather than completely change it.
With aftermarket spoilers and lips, the rear-end has been designed to compliment the shape of the body and give more of a ‘VIP’ look.
That was one of the biggest challenges I faced, making such a common car stand out from the millions of other Corollas sold. Slap some wheels and some sideskirts/bumper lips on it and it’s still just a dressed up Corolla, but combine those mods with other parts which compliment the shape and you turn it into something completely different. Still completely recognizable as a Corolla, but the complete opposite of any Corolla anyone has seen.
The interior has been maticlously modified with the use of Corolla GT seats and more genuine Toyota Japanese optional extras than you could shake a stick at, but anyone could swear it rolled off the factory floor looking this way.
In New Zealand it gets quite a lot of looks, probably because it’s so different. There are loads of Evo’s, WRX’s, Silvia’s etc driving around but they all blend in with their off the shelf parts and generic styling, so to see a Corolla come cruising past that’s on par with the rest of them, if not better, it certainly seems to attract attention.
- 4A-GE 20v Blacktop engine conversion.
- C160 6-speed ECU (8,500rpm redline).
- 110mm trumpets (ram tubes/velocity stacks).
- Custom made 3″ intake bellmouth.
- Fujitsubo (FGK) 4-2-1 stainless steel extractors.
- 5-speed C56 gearbox.
- TRD quick shifter.
- Full 2.25″ exhaust with Dynomax muffler.
- 2-core aluminium radiator.
- Carbon fibre cam & spark plug covers.
- TRD spark plug leads.
- Catalytic converter removed.
- Oil catch can.
- Genuine Tomei Type S fuel pressure regulator + gauge & adapter.
- TRD 1.3-bar radiator cap.
- TRD aluminium oil cap.Exterior:
- OEM AE101 Toyota Corolla FX-GT front bumper.
- OEM ST215 Toyota Caldina custom fitted optional front lip.
- OEM ST195 Toyota Caldina custom fitted optional rear lip.
- OEM AE111 Toyota Carib BZ Touring sideskirts.
- Genuine OEM AE101 Koito Toyota Corolla BZ Touring headlights.
- Facelift AE101 red/clear tail lights and garnish.
- Ducktail boot spoiler.
- Ducktail roof spoiler.
- 35% “Night Rider” window tint.
- Front door locks eliminated.
- Volk CE28N rep 16×8 +15 alloy wheels with 195/45/16 tyres.
- Front and rear guards rolled. * ‘SE Limited’ badge removed.Interior:
- Toyota Corolla GT seats + folding rear seat conversion.
- Reupholstered door cards with OEM Corolla GT fabric.
- Sound deadened front doors.
- AE101 Corolla FX-GT SuperStrut Momo leather steering wheel.
- 240kph speedometer & 9,000rpm Corolla GT tachometer.
- OEM Lexus IS200/Altezza RS200 aluminium foot pedals.
- OEM floor mats.
- TRD leather shift knob.
- OEM BZ Touring 6-speed leather gear shift boot.
- Rare OEM factory option Graphics Equalizer.
- Rare OEM factory option ‘Air Fantasy’ fragrance control system.
- Rare OEM factory roof-mounted option Air Purifier unit.
- Rare OEM factory rear-mounted option Air Purifier unit.
- Rare OEM factory option motorised driver’s seat rail.
- Rare OEM factory option key light.
- Rare OEM factory option floor lights.
- Rare OEM factory option velour extended armrest.
- Rare OEM factory option Burger Tray.
- Rare OEM factory option stock Box.
- Rare OEM factory option felt-lined ashtray coin holder/storage compartment.
- Rare OEM factory option under-seat storage tray.
- Rare OEM factory option tweeter pods and tweeters.
- Rare OEM factory option ‘Conlight’ automatic headlights.
- Rare OEM factory option A-pillar map light.
- Rare OEM rubber moulded boot organiser.
- Lowered on BC Gold BR coilovers.
- OEM 24mm front swaybar conversion.
- Whiteline 18mm solid rear swaybar.
- TRD 3-point strut brace.
- Ultra Racing 2-point rear strut brace.
- Carbing front lower tie bar.
- 275mm SuperStrut front disc conversion.
- AE101 SuperStrut twinpot front calipers.
- Safebrake braided brake lines.
- JVC Bluetooth USB head-unit.
- Pioneer 6.5″ component front speakers (60w RMS each).
- Lanzar 6.5″ 3-way rear speakers (95w RMS each).
- Sony Xplod 4-channel 444w amp.